Neil Macqueen was born in Namibia and growing up in South Africa, had a colourful and diverse upbringing. He studied Product Design in the UK and recently designed three of the twelve installations going into the largest and most prestigious redevelopment project in the South West of England; the £51m rebuild of the Grand Pier in Weston Super-mare, while working for Gravitron Design.
Neil is one of the top 300 up and coming designers in the UK to watch in 2010/2011, as named by E-Creative and exhibited the Diviso stool at ‘Designersblock 2010’ as part of the London Design Festival where is was warmly received.
- Graduate Member of the ‘Institute of Engineering Designers’ (ied.org.uk)
- BSc(Hons) Product Design and Innovation (University of the West of England)
- Designersblock ’10, London Design Festival, Oxo Tower, London
- Unseen Uk, Tobacco Factory, Bristol
- Bristol Design festival ’09, Old Firestation, Bristol
- Eco Design, Create Centre, Bristol
- Bristol Design Festival ’08, Old Firestation, Bristol
- University of the West of England,Product Design degree show, Frenchay, Bristol